Development Coordinator Job Description
The Welty Environmental Center is a regional environmental education center located in Beloit’s Big Hill Park, serving the stateline-area communities with regular programming (seminars, camps, hikes) for adults and children. The Welty Environmental Center has recently relocated to the Big Hill Park Center, and has created this new position for an energetic development professional in order to capitalize on our new location and to increase our reach and programming ability.
Hours: 20 hours per week
- Develop and execute an annual fundraising program in conjunction with the Development Committee. Write the funding appeal letters to donors. Manage and maintain the donor database and coordinate donor acknowledgements with the External Secretary.
- Research donor prospects. Increase and diversify the donors’ base in FWEC particularly with large corporate donors and higher giving donors. Initiate meeting with potential donors.
- Develop and execute a Planned Giving Program.
- Support communications and marketing efforts to enhance public awareness of FWEC, including social media, websites update and advertising for events.
- Research potential grants, work with development Committee and Center Director in determining appropriate grant applications, draft grant applications and track proposals, reports, invoices and reimbursements for all grants and other restricted funds.
- Maintain a log of general and significant daily activities and to a log of business mileage by day and location. The log should be submitted monthly to the Development Committee.
- BA strongly preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in fundraising and grant writing
- Excellent organizational, managerial and communication skills
- Experience in donor research to identify new individual, foundation and corporate donors
- Experience with a Constituent Relationship Management database system is strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word and Excel and use of websites
- Proficient in social media outlets such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram
- Opportunity to help expand and support a well-established program at our new facility at Big Hill Park
- Salary range 15,000-20,000
- Professional development opportunities
- Other benefits to be negotiated
A valid driver’s license, at least 3 excellent references.
Deadline to Apply:
Completed applications received by May 15, 2016 will get first consideration.