Feast Fit for Birds – Suet Craft 1.9.2021
Let’s feed those hungry birds! This time of year food becomes scarce for birds that do not migrate. Join us via Zoom for a quick follow-a-long class on cooking bird suet to create a winter treat for our feathered fiends. We will make our bird suet together via Zoom.
Some visitors to your craft may include:
- Black-capped Chickadee
- Tufted Titmouse
- Downy Woodpecker
- Blue Jay
Supplies to purchase and have on hand for the program:
- Crunchy Peanut butter (can be omitted if allergic)
- 1/2 Black Oil Sunflower Seeds (can be omitted)
- 1/2 Cup raisins (can be omitted)
- 2C Quick Oats
- 2C Yellow Cornmeal
- 1C Lard (try not to substitute)
- 1C Wheat Flour
Other Supplies (toilet paper tubes, craft sticks, and string are optional, but will be demonstrated during class).
- Large Pot for melting and mixing ingredients
- 3 to 4 toilet paper tubes
- 3 to 4 small craft sticks
- Aluminum Foil
- Muffin Tin or Bread Pan
All ages are welcome. Make Sure to register below.
$5 members/$7 non-members