Kick-start your day with fresh air and bird song by plogging in honor of Earth Day, April 22! What’s Plogging, you ask–it’s a Swedish word that combines jogging (or walking) and picking up trash as a way to exercise and clean-up our neighborhoods, parks, and city.
Join us sometime between Monday, April 19 through Sunday, April 25 for an Earth Day Plog Challenge. Get outside, pick up trash, take a photo of your progress, and send it to email@example.com with your name(s) to register for a prize and document your haul! Let us know if it’s cool to post your photo on social media and, if you can, include what streets or neighborhood you plogged, and we’ll track our progress on a map.
We are celebrating:
Most bags collected-Individual and Group
Most improved site (before/after photos)
Longest distance plogged
Most creative plogging photo
- Wear gloves and hand-sanitize often.
- Avoid hazardous materials, including sharps or glass.
- Wear closed-toe shoes and consider highly visible clothing for safety.
- Stay safe along roadways, especially if minors are included.
- Please practice social distancing and appropriate mask-wearing if not with members of your household.
- Be sure to dispose of your plog haul safely, once you’ve taken a photo!