March 29, 2021 – April 2, 2021
Let’s get outside, get busy, and get dirty exploring the ecosystems of Big Hill Park. Join the Welty Environmental Center for a week long camp for ages 6 to 12 with daily activity themes. We will begin the week build team work skills that include how to keep each other safe during a pandemic while at camp while exploring the the biomes of Big Hill Parks: Prairie & Oak Savanna, Deciduous Forest, and Freshwater River Front. Midweek we will we get silly for April Fools Day. We will end the week with a celebration of wheels, riding bikes scooters, skates, or skateboards.
Age 6 to 12
M-F, 8am to 4:00pm
- Monday – Explorers
- Tuesday – Help it Grow
- Wednesday – Scavenger Hunts
- Thursday – The Joke’s on You!
- Friday – Wheels (Bike Day)
Registration is limited to fifteen. Each camper must be registered separately. Sign up is for the entire week. We are not able to process refunds for missed days. Refunds will not be issued due to missed days.
Outside & Inside. We will strive to be outside as much as possible. We will only head inside if the weather does not permit us to be outside.
Welty is taking specific steps to reduce participant and staff risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus. Campers and staff will be required to adhere to national, state, and local guidelines for group gatherings. If you choose to have a camper participate in this program, they will be asked to:
- Upon arrival, hikers will be asked a few heath questions and have their temperature taken.
- If your camper is exposed at home, they should be kept at home. A refund for missed days will not be issued.
- If your camper is showing symptoms, please keep your hiker at home. At any time a camper shows symptoms, the camper will be separated from the others and sent home.
- Campers will be allowed to return after 72 hours of controlled temperature without medication. A refund for missed days will not be issued.
- A face covering that covers nose, mouth, and chin are required at all times, except for lunch and snack, at which time campers will sit apart from each other. (If you do not have your own, please contact us. We may have a limited supply, additional donation appreciated.)
- Lunch and snacks should be packed and are the responsibility of the caregiver.
- Limit sharing of supplies.
- Wash hands, use sanitizer, sanitizing wipes, sanitizing spray for hands.
Please note that an email will be sent to collect emergency contact information at least a week before the first day of camp starts. All campers must have medical insurance.
Register using the form below. Refunds will not be issued after Tuesday, March 23rd.