Welty’s Big Hill Adventures
July 13th – August 28th
10 campers, age 6 to 12
M-F, 9am to 11:30am
Let’s have an Adventure! Send your camper to join Welty at Big Hill Park for morning hikes. Your camper will spend the morning outside exploring the natural wonders of Big Hill Park’s habitats that include prairie, oak savanna, forest, and aquatic riverfront. They will enjoy a combination of scavenger hunts, games, and ecology. We will spend the entire time outside.
- July 13th – Bugs and Birds
- July 20th – Rocks and Plants
- July 27th – Tracking and Compasses
- August 3rd – Shelters and Landscape Art
- August 10th – Bugs and Birds
- August 17th – Rocks and Plants
- August 24th – Tracking and Compasses
Registration is limited to ten. Registration will be first come first served. You may register for multiple weeks; however, refunds will not be issued for missed days or weeks, nor can we prorate for a shorter week.
Weather. Here at Welty, we believe that there is no bad weather for being outside. We will hike and have a good time, rain or shine. You sign up for the entire week. We are not able to process refunds for missed days. Refunds will not be issued due to weather.
Welty is taking specific steps to reduce participant and staff risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus. Hikers and staff will be required to adhere to national, state, and local guidelines for group gatherings. If you choose to participate in this program, you will be asked to:
- Symptom monitoring. You will be required to monitor your hiker’s temperature and watch for symptoms.
- Upon arrival, campers will be asked a few health questions and have their temperature taken.
- If your camper is exposed at home or traveled out of the area, they will be asked to quarantine for 14 days.
- If your camper is showing symptoms, please keep your hiker at home. At any time a hiker shows symptoms, the hiker will be separated from the others and sent home.
- campers will be allowed to return after 72 hours of controlled temperature without medication.
- Adults (18 and over) are required to wear a face covering that covers nose, mouth, and chin. Face coverings are recommended for children 2 and older. (If you do not have your own, please contact us. We may have a limited supply, additional donation appreciated.)
- Keep a social distance of six feet from other non-family member hikers.
- Limit sharing of supplies.
- Wash hands, use sanitizer, sanitizing wipes, sanitizing spray for hands.
- Bathrooms will not be available.
- Access to Big Hill Center will be for weather emergencies only.
Refunds will not be issued for missed days or weeks.
- Staff will adhere to standards set forth for campers, and follow Welty’s Best Practices for programming during a pandemic.
- If staff are exposed, they will quarantine for 14 days. They will also be tested and get medical clearance to return to work.
Refunds will not be issued for missed days of a week. However, if staff are not able to conduct camp, refunds will be issued for subsequent full weeks of camp.