Website Welty Environmental Center
The Welty Environmental Center (WEC) is a non-profit educational organization, dedicated to providing the Wisconsin-Illinois stateline area with experiences in nature, leadership opportunities and thoughtful consideration of environmental issues for children, families and adults. Over the last year, the WEC provided educational experiences for almost 9,000 people, including students from 30 different schools
Welty Environmental Center is seeking qualified applicants for part-time (25 to 30 hours) Ecology and Education Intern positions. We need dynamic individuals who are passionate about hands-on, inquiry-based environmental experiences for our diverse community. Successful candidates come from all walks of life, including High School Students, College Students, Adults, and Retirees. This position reports to the Program Director.
The Welty Environmental Center (WEC) is a non-profit educational organization, dedicated to providing the Wisconsin-Illinois stateline area with experiences in nature, leadership opportunities and thoughtful consideration of environmental issues for children, families and adults. Over the last year, the WEC provided educational experiences for more than 9,000 people, including students from 30 different schools.
- Programming – Plan and Assist with programming for field trips, public libraries, day camps, and other partner organizations
- Curriculum and interactive display design – Create engaging activities for all ages with a focus on ages 6 to 12.
- Organization – Help Welty keep supplies orderly and in working condition, as well as some light office work.
- Planning and Reporting – Work with Program Director to provide data for reports, attend meetings, and other administrative duties
Description of Successful Candidate:
A successful Welty Summer Ecology and Education Intern will have or be willing to cultivate the following:
- Course work in a field of science or education
- Passion for working with children ages 6 to 12
- Interest in ecology, environmental systems, and the outdoors
- Willingness to be outdoors in all kinds of weather
- High sense of responsibility
- Ability to empathize with all children regardless of race, nationality, gender, orientation, ability, and behavior
- Ability to lift 20 to 40 pounds
- Ability to walk 2 to 3 miles at one time
- Ability transport self
- Opportunity to design and execute environmentally-focused programming
- Flexible schedule
- A fun work environment
- Work outside
This is an unpaid internship.
A valid driver’s license, ability to perform strenuous outdoor work, and permission for the Welty Environmental Center to conduct a background/security check
Deadline to Apply:Interns are always welcome. Wely accepts applications on a rolling basis and will work with your schedule. Welty will also periodically post internships targeting a specific area of need.
Send resume, cover letter, and names and contact information for three references who can address qualifications including working with children ages 6 to 12.
Send Application to:
Welty Environmental Center: firstname.lastname@example.org (please send all documents as pdf files), or by mail to 1201 Big Hill Court, Beloit, WI. 53511Attn. Search Team.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com