Website Welty Environmental Center
The Welty Environmental Center (WEC) is a non-profit educational organization, dedicated to providing the Wisconsin-Illinois stateline area with experiences in nature, leadership opportunities and thoughtful consideration of environmental issues for children, families and adults. Over the last year, the WEC provided educational experiences for almost 9,000 people, including students from 30 different schools.
Welty Environmental Center is seeking qualified applicants for a part-time(30-hours per week) Environmental Educator position. We need a dynamic individual who is passionate about hands-on, inquiry-based environmental experiences for our diverse community. The primary responsibility of this position will be to develop, plan, and execute programming for 10-weeks of Big Hill Adventure Camp. This position reports to the Program Director.
- Summer Camp – Partner with the City of Beloit on Big Hill Adventure
- Camp including the development, planning, and execution of programming
- Field Trips – Assist with field trips to WEC
- Planning and Reporting – Work with Program Director to provide data for reports, attend meetings, and other administrative duties
- College degree or equivalent experience; strong background in ecological and earth sciences, and teaching
- Experience in the environmental and educational fields
- Loves working with people of all ages and being outdoors
- Good program planning and program development skills
- Able to work independently and in collaborative situations
- Strong computer, communication and organizational skills
- Passion for environmental education and conservation
- Hourly wage of $12-$15 depending on experience
- Paid Holiday: 4th of July
- Opportunity to design and execute environmental focused programming
- A fun work environment
- Work outside
A valid driver’s license, ability to perform strenuous outdoor work, and permission for the Welty Environmental Center to conduct a background/security check
Deadline to Apply:
Review of applications will begin immediately.
Send resume, cover letter, and names and contact information for three references who can address qualifications including working with children ages 5 to 12 yrs and teaching experience.
Send Application to:
Welty Environmental Center: 1201 Big Hill Court, Beloit, WI. 53511 OR email@example.com (please send all documents as pdf files). Attn. Search Team
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org